Academic Integrity for TAs, Tutorial Leaders and Demonstrators
TAs play an important role in helping students understand acceptable academic practices and develop effective research and writing skills. Further, through their roles as tutors, markers and invigilators, TAs are often in the best position to identify suspected plagiarism and other cheating behaviours. In this section are links to resources and strategies for TAs to help promote academic integrity.
- Academic essays
- Collaborative learning and academic integrity
- Marking and dealing with plagiarism
- Laboratory environments
- Studio courses
- Using honour codes in the classroom
- Resources for students to help improve their writing and research skills
TAs should also be aware of:
An overview of Academic Integrity at York University from the Office of the Vice-President Academic
The Guidelines for the Use of Text Matching Software Services, and the related information for faculty and information for students on this web site.
- Beware! Says Who? A new pamphlet to educate students on avoiding plagiarism.