Become a Youth Researcher!We are now accepting applications for our 2011-2012 Youth Researcher Program.
Youth Researcher ProgramThe Youth Researcher Program builds the research capacity of youth in the Jane/Finch community so they can participate in asking and answering questions about issues of importance to their community.The program consists of two components:
CBR Summer Institute
• 8-week training program on the theory and practice of Community Based Research
• 50 hours of participation between July 4 and August 26, 2011
• Participants will receive a $500 stipend and a Certificate of Participation
We are no longer accepting applications for the CBR Summer Institute.
Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance by June 27, 2011.
Action Research Internship
• Six-month research internship
• Participants must have completed CBR (or equivalent training)
• 120 hours of participation between September 15, 2011 and March 30, 2012
• Participants will receive $1500 stipend and a Certificate of Participation
We are no longer accepting applications for the Action Research Internship.
Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance in early September.
Who Should Apply?The Youth Researcher Program is for youth who are interested in learning about community based research and developing their research skills. You also have to meet the following criteria:
- Reside in the Jane/Finch Community*
- Between the ages of 16-29
- Commit to attending all sessions and meeting other program requirements
* Youth who reside in other priority neighbourhoods will be considered on a case by case basis.
How Should I Apply?Your application package must include:
- A completed application form
- Names and contact information for two individuals that know you well (family members and friends are not allowed)
You can submit your application by one of the following four ways:
On-line: This is the preferred way. Please click here for the online application form.
By email: Please download and complete the electronic application package and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Mail: Please download, complete the application form and print it out. Our mailing address is under the 'Got Questions?' section. We are sorry that we cannot accept handwritten application forms. Applications MUST be received at our office by the deadline date.
In Person: Please download and complete the application form and print it out. Bring your completed package to our office. Our mailing address is under the 'Got Questions?' section. Your application package must be submitted in an envelope labeled with your name.
Got Questions?If you have questions, we will be happy to answer them. Please contact us!
Project Manager - Assets Coming Together for Youth
School of Social Work, York University
Room 2031, Kinsmen Building
4700 Keele Street, Toronto
ON M3J 1P3
Tel: 416-736-2100 ext. 66329