Student Guidelines and Responsibilities
Register with Counselling & Disability Services: Whether you are a new or continuing student, you must be currently registered with Counselling & Disability Services to access alternate exam and test scheduling services.
Review the alternate exam and test scheduling procedures: Before the Registrar’s Office can begin scheduling your alternate exam and test requests, you must sign an Alternate Exam and Test Agreement Form and return it to Counselling & Disability Services.
Connect with your course instructors: You are encouraged to discuss your academic accommodation needs with your course instructors during office hours or by appointment very early in the term. Check the course outline as soon as you receive it for a list of upcoming test dates and submit your alternate exam/test requests for all of the required dates.
For any exam/test being held during the Fall/Winter 2013 session the deadlines to submit requests are:
Submit your alternate exam and test requests at least three (3) weeks in advance of the scheduled dates by:
- online request form; or
- hard-copy request forms are available at Counselling & Disability Services.
Failure to meet this deadline may result in the Registrar’s Office being unable to schedule your alternate exams and tests. Under these circumstances, your options are:
- To write with the class
- Ask the course instructor for permission to reschedule the exam/test. Please note that permission to reschedule is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed.
If the reason for your late request is due to exceptional circumstances, contact your counsellor.
Once your request is received, the Registrar’s Office will:
- confirm your test details with the course instructor
- schedule the appropriate space and adaptive technology
Check your booking information online:
- It is your responsibility to check your Alternate Test/Exam booking information online one (1) week prior to the date of any scheduled test/exam. Note: as changes can occur after a booking has been processed, please ensure you check online regularly for updates.
- Report any discrepancies to the Registrar's Office immediately so that necessary changes can be made in time for the scheduled exam or test.
Notify the Registrar's Office of any changes: If you drop a course, decide to take your test with your class, if the date/time of your test is changed etc by completing the rescheduling form and uploading it with the Questions Form.
Contact the Registrar's Office, at least 24 hours in advance, if you are unable to take the exam/test for medical or disability realted reasons: The Registrar’s Office will cancel your alternate exam/test booking. In the instances where 24 hours notice is not possible (e.g. hospitalization), contact the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible. In all cases of missed exams/tests, it is your responsibility to notify your course instructor and submit a completed Alternate Exam and Test Rescheduling Request Form with required signatures. Permission to reschedule a test/exam is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed.
Failure to meet these deadlines or keep the Registrar’s Office notified of changes in a timely manner could result in the inability to schedule your alternate exams and tests.