Skip to main content

Rescheduling Information

This section outlines the procedures for scheduling exams/tests for students currently registered with Counselling & Disability Services.

The Registrar's Office will only accept one (1) rescheduling request for any missed exam/test. If you cancel or "do not show" to write the same exam/test for the same course twice, the Registrar's Office will not accept additional rescheduling requests for this exam/test. In this situation, please consult with your counsellor.

To Reschedule an Exam/Test

  1. If there is a medical or disability-related reason that you are unable to write an exam/test on the same day or time as the class, you must contact your course instructor to request permission to reschedule the exam/test.

  2. If your request to reschedule an exam/test is granted you must submit a signed Alternate Exam and Test Rescheduling Request Form to the Registrar's Office a minimum of five business days in advance of the rescheduled exam/test date. Please note that permission to reschedule is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed. Scheduling is dependant on space availability.

    Note: If you are requesting to reschedule an exam/test as a religious accommodation, ensure that you check the box located on the top of the form. Information regarding religious observance policy and accommodation can be found in the York Courses Web site.

  3. Download the completed form and submit it through our questions form, submit it directly to Student Client Services, Main Floor, Bennett Centre for Student Services or fax it to 416-650-8129. Please ensure that you retain a copy for your records.

    If you have been corresponding with your course instructor by e-mail and have confirmation of their approval to reschedule, you may upload, attach or fax a copy of the e-mail in lieu of the signature from the course instructor.

If you are submitting a request to write an exam or test on a date that falls after the Faculty deadlines for submission of deferred final grades, you must petition for deferred standing through your home Faculty. In this circumstance, do not use the Alternate Exam and Test Rescheduling Request Form.

For information about deferred standing procedures, click here.

For information about undergraduate academic petitions, click here.

Facebook link Twitter link YouTube link

Still need help?

Try one of these services:

Ask a student services expert
Student Client Services link
In-Person • Phone • Drop Box