Alumni Entrance Scholarship
Valued at $32,000* over four years plus a room in campus residence in year one (approximate value $4000), these two awards of distinction are donated by our Alumni Association.
Deadline: February 1
Two Alumni Entrance Scholarships are donated annually by our Alumni Association (YUAA) to celebrate its commitment to York. YUAA has a unique and valuable role in promoting the excellence, welfare and future of York. These awards help the newest generation of students realize their dreams.
Criteria & Terms
- 2 awards available annually
- Secondary school student applying for first year of undergraduate study
- Minimum admission average of 90% or equivalent
- Must demonstrate a history of leadership in extracurricular life at school (arts, sports, or other areas of individual endeavour that demonstrate the wholeness of the person and grace of character.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- This award cannot be held with a York University Renewable Entrance Scholarship
- The recipient receives $8,000* each year for four years provided they maintain a minimum grade point average of 7.8 (B+) throughout four years of undergraduate study. They must also enroll in a minimum of 18 credits for the fall/winter academic sessions.
- Awards of Distinction cannot be held in conjunction with an Award of Achievement, a President’s Scholarship or a Visionary Leadership Award
- Applicants short-listed for the final round of selection will receive an Award of Merit valued at $2,000*. This award may be held with any other York entrance scholarship.
For more info, contact the Community and Alumni Relations office
(416.650.8159 / 1-866-876-2228)
* Award amounts subject to change without notice.