Bruce Bryden Entrance Scholarship
Valued at $32,000* over four years plus a room in campus residence in year one (approximate value $4000), this award of distinction is named for one of York’s first students and long-term volunteers.
Deadline: February 1
This special award is named for a member of York’s very first undergraduate class and the founding president of the York University Alumni Association, Bruce Bryden. He served for 20 years on York's board of governors, until his untimely death in 1992. Bruce is remembered for his tireless devotion, endless optimism, and personal warmth.
Criteria & Terms
- 1 award available annually
- Secondary school student applying for first year of undergraduate study
- Minimum admission average of 90% or equivalent
- Must demonstrate a history of leadership in extracurricular life at school (arts, sports, or other areas of individual endeavour that demonstrate the wholeness of the person and grace of character.)
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- This award cannot be held with a York University Renewable Entrance Scholarship
- The recipient receives $8,000* each year for four years provided they maintain a minimum grade point average of 7.8 (B+) throughout four years of undergraduate study. They must also enroll in a minimum of 18 credits for the fall/winter academic sessions.
- Awards of Distinction cannot be held in conjunction with an Award of Achievement, a President’s Scholarship or a Visionary Leadership Award
- Applicants short-listed for the final round of selection will receive an Award of Merit valued at $2,000*. This award may be held with any other York entrance scholarship.
For more info, contact the Community and Alumni Relations office
(416.650.8159 / 1-866-876-2228)
* Award amounts subject to change without notice.