John S. Proctor Entrance Scholarship
Valued at $32,000* over four years plus a room in campus residence in year one (approximate value $4000). This special award of distinction is named for a York friend and colleague whose integrity, grace and leadership made a great impact on the university.
Deadline: February 1
York's board of governors donated this award in memory of its friend and colleague John S. Proctor.
John’s career was dedicating to the banking sector. Privately he excelled at tennis and was a philanthropist.
He rendered untold hours of service to York, serving on the board of governors for many years and becoming Chancellor in 1982. John was a model of excellence and is recognized with this award for his personal integrity, graceful counsel and wise leadership.
Criteria & Terms
- 1 award available annually
- Secondary school student applying for first year of undergraduate study
- Minimum admission average of 90% or equivalent
- Must demonstrate a history of leadership in extracurricular life at school (arts, sports, or other areas of individual endeavour that demonstrate the wholeness of the person and grace of character.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- This award cannot be held with a York University Renewable Entrance Scholarship
- The recipient receives $8,000* each year for four years provided they maintain a minimum grade point average of 7.8 (B+) throughout four years of undergraduate study. They must also enroll in a minimum of 18 credits for the fall/winter academic sessions.
- Awards of Distinction cannot be held in conjunction with an Award of Achievement, a President’s Scholarship or a Visionary Leadership Award
- Applicants short-listed for the final round of selection will receive an Award of Merit valued at $2,000*. This award may be held with any other York entrance scholarship.
For more info, contact us in the Alumni office
(416.650.8159 / 1-866-876-2228)
* Award amounts subject to change without notice.