4: VLBI and DSN Applications to Spacecraft Navigation
We mentioned the JPL document.
Here is some information on how to write your typed summary document on
"Radiometric tracking techniques for deep-space navigation:"
Important is that you have:
1) A title page with your name and student number and a date, etc.
2) Table of contents
3) Abstract (about 15 lines)
4) The body of your summary document with several chapters that
contain the most
important aspects of the document. Ask yourself what is
absolutely important to know about the technique of radiometric
tracking and navigation of interplanetary spacecraft. Think of
important parameters, equations, figures, perhaps tables.
5) Use your own words. Don't copy sentences from the document.
6) Have a conclusion section, perhaps 3/4 page long.
7) Have a reference section, with all your references in the text
cross-listed in the reference section. In the text you should just have
a reference like (Smartyguy et al., 2007). In the reference section you
should then give the full reference.
length: about 15 pages with font "Times New Roman,
12" and 1.5 spacing.
Due date April 2, 2012, 12:30 pm (in class).