CAML Student Paper Award
How to Qualify?
The objects of this award are to:
- Encourage Masters and PhD Students to submit papers addressing music librarianship
- Reward the best paper submission each year
- Give students a chance to participate in CAML activities
The target group is students who are enrolled in a Masters or PhD program.
How to Write
CAML has provided a template that students can follow when writing their paper for this award.
Please visit the CAML Review website at http://pi.library.yorku.ca/ojs/index.php/caml/index to see previous issues of the Review.
To apply for the award, students should follow these guidelines:
- Follow the templates provided for requirements for an abstract as well as for style, citation, references etc.
- Candidates should submit their applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria to measure the quality and relevance of papers are:
- Relationship to the theme of music librarianship
- Relevant discussion of current issues in the topic field including reference to appropriate literature
- Quality of ideas, research methods, results or argument
- Quality of writing and referencing
The papers will be reviewed by the CAML Student Paper Award Committee. Up to three finalists will be recognized by the committee for their outstanding achievements. From these three finalists, one winner will be chosen to receive the award.
The award for the first place winner of the CAML Student Paper Award 2012 includes:
- Publication in the CAML Review
- 1 year CAML membership
Full Paper Submission – February 28, 2012
Notification of Award – March 9, 2012