Job Postings, Internships & Volunteer Opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
Targeted job posting boards list available jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities in specific fields.
- Canadian Mathematical Society - Employment Resources: academic and non-academic mathematical positions.
- CanadianCareers.com: links to job posting websites in a wide variety of sectors.
- Earthworks-Jobs.com: postings for positions around the world in engineering and science sorted by specific fields.
- The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry - Career Center: job postings from Canada and abroad.
- Environmental Career Opportunities: American postings for all types of occupations related to the environment, including conservation, engineering, education, policy and law.
- Environmental Careers Organization - Job Board: ECO Canada's job board has postings for jobs in environmental protection, resource management and sustainability across Canada.
- EcoEmploy.com: Canadian and American jobs in the environment sector, sorted by government, environmental agencies and non-profit employers.
- NatureJobs.com: thousands of postings for scientific vacancies around the globe.
- T-Net British Columbia: Interested in living and working in British Columbia? T-Net is the leading source for high tech and IT career listings in BC.
- Canada IT: Canada IT.com's job listings are sortable by province. Their site also provides the latest news in the IT industry.
- ComputerWork.com: postings for hundreds of Canadian jobs in the high tech industry.
- ComputerWorld - IT Job Search: hundreds of IT positions available across the United States.
- IT World Canada: postings for hundreds of IT jobs around the world.
- Randstad Technologies: Randstad Technologies is a recruitment organization for IT professionals and their website lists jobs available with their client companies.
- Tech Jobs Toronto
- bioinformatics.ca: bioinformatics job opportunities compiled by the Canadian Bioinformatics Workshops.
- BioTalent Canada: a bilingual list of Canadian bio-economy job postings run by the non-profit organization BioTalent Canada.
- Science at Work - Government of Canada Science Job Search
Internships & Volunteer Opportunities
Participating in an internship or volunteering for an organization can be great ways to explore your fit for an occupation or organization, gain experience in the field, and make valuable professional connections.
- Co-op & Internship Programs Within the Public Service: the Public Service Commission of Canada's (PSC) database for internships and co-op placements by field, academic program, specialization or location.
- Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE): summer internship program for undergraduate students from the US, Canada and the UK in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences and engineering to work with research groups at universities and institutions across Germany during the summer.
- Science Horizons Youth Internship Program: offers promising young scientists and post-secondary graduates hands-on experience working on environmental projects under the mentorship and coaching of experienced scientists and program managers.
- York University Technology Internship Program (TIP): an optional experiential education program that provides York students with the opportunity to engage in paid internships.
Please Note: Descriptions of many of these online resources are taken from language used on external websites. Claims and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Career Centre or York University.
More on Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Occupational Clusters
- Professional Organizations & Associations
- Articles & Resources
- Professional Development & Training
- Funding, Scholarships & Awards
- Job Postings, Internships & Volunteer Opportunities