Maintaining Your Internship Eligibility
To maintain your participation in the Internship Program and retain access to internship job postings, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the term in which you are searching for and applying for positions;
- Maintain the GPA required for your program; and
- Have the minimum number of credits remaining as required by your program, not including courses currently in progress.
This information will be verified by the Career Centre and eligibility confirmed with the employer before you can accept an internship job offer.
Please note that failure to meet the requirements listed below may result in de-enrollment from the internship program without reimbursement of fees, removal from your current internship position, and/or ineligibility for subsequent work terms. In addition, employer tax credit eligibility and international student Co-op Work Permits may be impacted.
- Given the experiential education nature of this program, interns are expected not to enroll in courses while on an internship without prior written permission from the Career Centre, with the exception of the applicable Internship Work Term course.
- Interns are required to maintain at least the minimum number of credits remaining for their Degree completion as required by their program for the full duration of their internship.
- Interns are not eligible to graduate while on an internship and must return as full-time students for at least one academic term upon completion of their internship.