Securing an Internship Position
Receiving a Job Offer
- The employer will contact the Career Centre with the internship offer
- The Internship Coordinator will verify your eligibility and contact you to make the offer
- You have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer
- Once an offer has been accepted, interns are required to withdraw from other internship position application/competition processes.
Please note that some employers who may be new to the York Internship Programs and unfamiliar with the internship hiring processes may present offers directly to students, in which case, students must notify the Internship Coordinator for your program as soon as possible in order to process the offer as an official York Internship Program opportunity and retain your eligibility in the program.
Accepting a Job Offer
- Complete the Terms & Conditions Agreement
- Enroll in the Internship Work Term course
- Pay the $475.00 non-refundable Work Term Fee ( you will be required to pay this fee for each work term undertaken)
Accepting a Job Offer as an International Student
- As an international student there is an additional step you are required to complete for your internship. Please visit the International Students page to learn more details about securing a valid Co-op Work Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).