Academic Requirements: Professional Accounting Internship Program
Students interested in participating in the Professional Accounting Internship Program must be 3rd year, full-time Honours Bachelor of Administrative Studies students, specializing in Accountingin the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies and meet the academic requirements below prior to applying for the program.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 or better in the major ADMS courses.
- Successful completion of ADMS 2510 3.00, ADMS 2511 3.00, ADMS 3510 3.00, ADMS 3585 3.00 and ADMS 3595 3.00, with a minimum grade of B (i.e. equivalent to a GPA of 6.0) in each of these courses.
- Not have been absent for more than two consecutive years as a full-time student from their Honours Degree studies.
- Have a minimum of 30 credits remaining to complete their Honours Degree upon enrollment in the internship program and a minimum of 15 credits remaining by the time they begin their internship (i.e. enroll in the Internship Work Term Course). Note: Once accepted into the program, students typically study full-time for at least one academic term while applying and interviewing for internship positions.
- Once their internship position has been secured, students are required to register in the Internship Work Term course (i.e. zero credit) for each internship work term to a maximum of four work terms (i.e. 16 months) and pay the associated fee.