Academic Requirements: Human Resource Management Internship Program
Students interested in participating in the Human Resource Management Internship Program (HRMIP) must be 3rd year, full-time Honours Bachelor of Human Resource Management (BHRM) students in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies and meet the academic requirements below prior to applying for the program.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6.0 or better in the major HRM courses.
- Have successfully completed HRM 2600 3.00 (ADMS 2600 3.00) and at least 9.00 HRM credits at the 3000-level.
- Not have been absent for more than two consecutive years as a full-time student from their Honours degree studies.
- Have a minimum of 30 credits remaining to complete their Honours BHRM Degree upon enrollment in the HRMIP and a minimum of 15 credits remaining by the time they begin their internship (i.e. enroll in the Internship Work Term course). Note: Once accepted into the program, students typically study full-time for at least one academic term while applying and interviewing for internship positions.
- Once their internship position has been secured, students are required to register in the Internship Work Term course (i.e. zero credit) for each internship work term to a maximum of four work terms (i.e. 16 months) and pay the associated fee.