Step 3: Attend the Job Search Preparation Workshop
Before being accepted and enrolled in the Internship Programs, students must attend a mandatory Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop, which is offered throughout the year. During this workshop, students are provided with job search techniques and tips for securing a successful internship position; including resumé writing and interview preparation techniques.
Students must have attended an Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop (or alternate workshops as specified below) within a year of applying to the program. Students who attended an Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop more than a year prior to submitting their application are required to attend another workshop to receive the most up-to-date internship job search information. Please note that this is a targeted session for internship students, which differs from the Career Centre's regular Job Search Preparation Workshops.
Option for students who cannot attend any of the scheduled Internship Job Search Preparation Workshops: Students who are not able to attend one of the scheduled Internship Job Search Preparation workshops may attend both a Resumé Writing workshop and an Interview Skills workshop to substitute for the Internship Job Search Preparation workshop. These workshops are offered as part of the Career Centre's regular schedule. Students who choose this option must inform the Career Centre's Internship Team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that they have done so and provide the dates of the alternate workshops that have been attended. Please include "Substituting Workshops for the Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop" in the subject line.
Registering for a Job Search Preparation Workshop
Please register for an Internship Job Search Preparation workshop through the Career Centre’s online registration system:
- Go to the Career Centre's online system (opens in a new window) and log in using your Passport York username and password.
- If this is your first time logging in to the system, you will be asked to sign-up for an account before you can register for any events.
- On the “Home” page, click on the date of the session you wish to register for on the calendar in the upper right corner.
- Find the event you wish to register for in the event list:
- Technology Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- CMA Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- HRM Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- Health Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- Business and Public Administration Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- Environmental Studies Internship Program Job Search Preparation Workshop
- Click on the “Register" button beside the event name.
Upcoming Job Search Preparation Workshops (BPAIP, CMAIP, TIP, HIP, HRMIP, ESIP)
This workshop will cover all York Internship Programs. Please attend this session if you are interested in applying to any of the York Internship Programs:
- Business & Public Administration Internship Program (BPAIP)
- Certified Management Accountants Internship Program (CMAIP)
- Technology Internship Program (TIP)
- Health Internship Program (HIP)
- Human Resource Management Internship Program (HRMIP)
- Environmental Studies Internship Program (ESIP)
|Thursday, June 6, 2013||1:00 – 4:00 pm||109 Atkinson (Harry Crowe Room)|
|Thursday, June 20, 2013||10:00 am – 1:00 pm||3033 Lassonde Building|