Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop
Before gaining access to exclusive internship job postings students must attend a mandatory Internship Job Search Preparation workshop. During this workshop, students are provided with job search techniques and tips for securing a successful internship position; including resumé writing and interview preparation techniques.
Option for students who cannot attend any of the scheduled Internship Job Search Preparation workshops: Students who are not able to attend one of the scheduled Internship Job Search Preparation workshops may attend both a Resumé & Cover Letter Writing workshop and an Interview Skills workshop to substitute for the Internship Job Search Preparation workshop. These workshops are offered as part of the Career Centre's regular schedule. Students who choose this option must inform the Career Centre's Internship team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that they have done so and provide the dates of the alternate workshops that have been attended. Please include "Substituting Workshops for the Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop" in the subject line.
Registering for an Internship Job Search Preparation Workshop
Please register for an Internship Job Search Preparation workshop through the Career Centre’s online registration system:
- Go to the Career Centre's online system (opens in a new window) and log in using your Passport York username and password.
- If this is your first time logging in to the system, you will be asked to sign-up for an account before you can register for any events.
- On the “Home” page, click on the date of the session you wish to register for on the calendar in the upper right corner.
- Find the Internship Programs Job Search Preparation workshop in the event list.
- Click on the “Register" button beside the event name.
Note: You can also register for the substitute workshops through this same method (i.e. Resumé & Cover Letter Writing workshop and Interview Skills workshop).
Upcoming Job Search Preparation Workshops (BPAIP, CMAIP, TIP, HRMIP)
It is mandatory that you attend this workshop before gaining access to internship postings. This workshop will cover all York Internship Programs:
- Business & Public Administration Internship Program (BPAIP)
- Certified Management Accountants Internship Program (CMAIP)
- Technology Internship Program (TIP)
- Human Resource Management Internship Program (HRMIP)
|Check the Career Centre's online system for upcoming workshops.|