Educator Information Sessions
Connect with representatives from educational institutions who can answer your questions about their school, its programs of study, and how to apply.
Please Note: Below are profiles submitted by organizations qualifying their own activities in their own words. Claims and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Career Centre or York University.
Registration on the Career Centre's online system is required for all information sessions (you must sign up for an account on the system before you will be able to register for any events).
Upcoming Educator Information Sessions
June 4, 2013, 2:30 – 4:00pm
103 McLaughlin College (Career Centre Presentation Room)
Free information session about Teaching English as a Second Language.
Our highly qualified instructors answer questions and share their own experiences from living and teaching overseas at our free information sessions. These sessions are typically an hour-and-a-half in length and cover topics of interest to anyone considering teaching English overseas. Each session covers a multitude of questions regarding employment opportunities abroad including:
- What is it like teaching English as a second language?
- Where are the job opportunities?
- When is the peak hiring season?
- How can I secure an English as a second language teaching job abroad?
- How much will I earn?
- What is a working visa and how do I get one?
- How much experience do I need?
- When and where should I sign a contract?
- Do I need TESOL/TESL certification?
- What skills should I learn to become a better English as a second language teacher?
Year of Study: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th year, graduate studies, new grads (graduated in past 2 years)
Registration: Read more details and register for this session on the Career Centre's online system.