Industry Insights Panel: Strategies for Getting Hired within the Federal GovernmentWednesday, October 30, 2013
2:30 - 4:30pm
014 McLaughlin (Junior Common Room)
Connect with representatives from the federal government to learn about opportunities. Meet professionals who do the hiring, gain insight into the field and get strategies and tips on:
- What kinds of positions and roles there are in the federal government;
- What kinds of skills/knowledge they're looking for;
- What the recruitment process is like;
- How to make connections within the field;
- What is involved in the application process, e.g. specific hiring dates, materials required;
- What to expect during the interview; and
- How to succeed on the job.
Registration on the Career Centre's online system is required for all panel events (you must sign up for an account on the system before you will be able to register for any events).
Manager, Communications and Marketing,
Strategic Services Branch, Service Canada
Director - OAS/CPP, Processing & Payment Services Branch,
York Alumna: BA Political Science, 1978
I am the Director responsible for the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security processing centres in Ontario. I have approximatley 600 employees and we make payments to almost 4 million beneficiaries.
Senior Business Expertise Manager, Service Canada
York Alumnus: MA Geography, 2000
As a Senior Business Expertise Manager at Service Canada, I am responsible for the provision of Quality Services, Advice and Guidance, Policy Interpretation and Staff Training to Service Canada employees working in the Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan / Old Age Security Processing and Call Centres.