Looking for a Job
Use online job posting sites
Responding to online postings shouldn't be your only job search strategy but it should definitely be a part of your strategy.
York University Career Centre's online job posting system
Career Centre's online job posting system: Search for and apply to full-time, part-time, internship, summer and volunteer opportunities. Each year thousands of employers post over 6,500 opportunities for York University students and new graduates.
Other Job Posting Sites
Keep in mind these sites are open to the general public so it isn’t unusual for hundreds of applicants to apply to every posted position.
Canadajobs.com: Canada 's source for job search "how-to" articles and tips.
CareerBuilder: Search for jobs in Canada and around the world.
Eluta.ca: Search for new jobs in Canada.
Government of Canada Job Bank: Search for jobs by province.
Job Search Canada: Search for careers by field or degree with Canada's National Career Education and Planning tool.
Job Postings Magazine: Student jobs, entry level jobs, internships across Canada.
Neuvoo: Job postings across Canada, with over 40,000 postings in Ontario alone.
Ontario WorkInfoNET: See links to work- and career-related websites in Ontario. There are also WorkInfoNets for each province and territory across Canada.
Resume Target: includes a job board that allows you to set up daily job alerts and compiles a list of suitable job postings from major and niche job boards across North America.
TorontoJobs.ca was developed to be the source for employment in the Greater Toronto Area.
Working.com: Search for jobs across Canada, get career advice, and read about current labour market trends.
Workopolis.com: Lists a variety of job opportunities.
Wowjobs: Search more than 100,000 jobs from thousands of job boards, classifieds and company sites in Canada.
Targeted Job Search Sites
Targeted job posting websites can be a good resource for identifying specific types of positions aimed at particular populations, or jobs in a particular field.
Charity Village: Canada's site for the non profit sector.
Aboriginal Inclusion Network: Canada's aboriginal job board.
Ontario Municipal Jobs: Ontario's site for jobs in cities, counties, municipalities, towns, townships and villages across the province.
Jobs in Higher Education
- Careers at York University
- Academic Careers Online
- Education Canada Network (ECN)
- University Affairs
Jobs in Hospitality or Tourism
Jobs in Media
- Media Careers Canada: jobs in film, television, photography, marketing and digital media.
- www.goodworkcanada.ca - Canada's green job site
- www.workcabin.ca - Canada's outpost for green jobs
- www.eco.ca - environmental careers organization
- www.esac.ca - Environmental Studies Association of Canada
- www.cen-rce.org - Canadian Environmental Network
- www.conservation-ontario.ca - jobs at Ontario's Conservation Authorities
- www.mnr.gov.on.ca - Ministry of Natural Resources Youth Employment
- www.ene.gov.on.ca - Ministry of Environment jobs
- www.campusaccess.com - internships
- www.planetvolunteer.net - volunteer opportunities
Research Jobs in Science
- ResearchGate: ResearchGate is the largest scientific network online with over 1.2 million members
- Contact Singapore: Launch a bright future in Singapore.
- www.oxfordseminars.ca - free resources to help you make decisions about living and working abroad
Please Note: Descriptions of many of these online resources are taken from language used on external websites. Claims and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Career Centre or York University.