Services & Events
York's Career Centre provides a range of workshops, services, events and resources to help you throughout your university years. Learn about career opportunities, receive support in your job search, explore and prepare for further education, build your professional etiquette skills and connect with alumni and employers.
Do you know about the Career Centre's attendance policy? If you miss 3 appointments within an academic year without cancelling, you'll be blocked from participating in Career Centre activities and from accessing the Career Centre's online job posting system for 6 months.
• Job Search workshops
• Professional Etiquette workshops
• Further Education workshops
• Job Search Advising
• Interview Practice Session
• Resumé or Cover Letter Feedback Session
• PhD Job Search Support Session
• Post Grad Application Support Session
Classrooms to Careers 2014
- On-the-Job Success workshop March 18
- Build a LinkedIn Profile that Gets Noticed March 19
- Webinar: Navigating your New Grad Career March 20
- How Do You Rate in Excel 2010? March 21
Connecting with Employers• Employer Recruitment Sessions
• Industry Insights Panels
• Career Fairs
Connecting with Alumni
Exploring Further Education• Educator Information Sessions
• Graduate & Professional Studies Expo
Career Resource Centre: Our specialized collection of print materials can assist you in exploring a number of career related activities.
External Events: Career-related events and activities hosted by units and/or organizations outside the Career Centre.
Mar 10 11:00 – 12:00
Understanding the Personal Statement workshop
Mar 12 1:30 – 3:30
Industry Insights Panel: Strategies for Getting Hired in Finance