The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC) is a registered Canadian charity. The foundation's purpose is educating individuals about prevention and management of heart disease and stroke, and to fund medical research regarding the causes of these conditions. The organization was founded in 1952.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is a federation of 10 provincial Foundations, led and supported by a force of more than 130,000 volunteers.
- Technical Support Desk Volunteers
- Phone Call Support Volunteers
- Health Promotion Public Speakers
- South Asian Heart Health Ambassadors
- Heart and Stroke Canvassers
- Heart Month Team Captains
- Jump Rope for Heart School Ambassadors
- In-Office Volunteers
- Leadership Volunteers
- Community Presenters in Chinese communities
- Community Fundraising Volunteers
Skills: Excellent customer service/phone skills; passion about HSF's goals; technical skills (for IT support role); MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) proficiency (for In-office roles); effective presentation and interpersonal skills
Programs: Students from all programs/disciplines are valued. HSF's team is committed to accommodating everyone's' volunteering preferences. We will ensure that students' volunteering initiative is personally developing and rewarding experience as well.
Number of Positions: 150
Where positions are posted: Career Centre's online job posting system
Application Method: Fill out HSF's Volunteer Application Form and submit it with your resume.
How to Prepare: Bring your resume.