Meeting the needs of those in crisis by working in partnership with the York Regional Police, Ontario Provincial Police and the community. Victim Services provides immediate emotional support, information and referrals along with other practical assistance to individuals victimized by crime or tragic circumstance.
- On-Scene Response Volunteers
- Victim Response Teams are on call 24/7 to York Regional Police and Ontario Provincial Police in York Region for on-scene interventions
- Attendance at a crime scene, police station, hospital or home for interventions
- Resident of York Region
- 21 years of age or older
- At least 2 years since any personal traumas
- Possess a valid 'G' driver's licence
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Must have a minimum of $1 000 000.00 automobile liability insurance coverage
- Consented to a Security Clearance Investigation or Criminal Record Screening
- Provided at least 3 references
- Must have attended a personal interview with the VSY screening panel
- Successfully completed Tier III Volunteer Training (a minimum of 44 hours of training) provided by VSY
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Familiarity and compliance with VSY Policies and Procedures and any and all updates, including, but not limited to, confidentiality obligations and safety procedures
- Take a minimum of two 12-hour shifts per month
- Attend all required Volunteer Development Meetings held the third Wednesday of every month
- Participate in all evaluation/supervision requirements
Programs: Social Work, Social Science, Sociology, Psychology
Number of Positions: 20
Where positions are posted: Website, display, hand outs and posters.
Application Method: Bring resume, complete application at the event, or send it by mail, email or fax.