Mailing Lists (ListServ)
ListServs are electronic mailing lists to which members of the York community can subscribe for the purpose of exchanging ideas, information and broadcast bulletins. As an option, archives of messages sent to a list can be stored and made accessible on the Web.
- York faculty and instructors
- Academic researchers
- Administrative staff
- ListServs can be either "public" or "private". "Public" ListServs allow non-members to post information to ListServ, whereas "private" Listservs are restricted to the members who have subscribed to a particular ListServ.
- The maximum size for an incoming or outgoing message must not exceed 10MB.
- Some email attachments sent to ListServ may be stripped or renamed for security reasons.
- By default ListServs are restricted to a maximum of 50 postings per day.
- ListServ service is available 24 X 7, except during maintenance outages.
- ListServ is available from anywhere on the Internet that has connectivity to the York University Network.
- There are no charges associated with this service.
- To request this service, you must have a Passport York account. Then use the LISTSERV Creation Request Form.
How to get support
- Please contact UIT Client Services at email@example.com or ext 55800 (416-736-5800).