AirYork configuration and connection instructions for Windows 7
Step 1 - Configure your device to obtain network settings automatically
- Right click on the wireless icon in the task bar located at the bottom right of your screen and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings from the left-hand sidebar.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Wireless Network Connection icon and select Properties.
- In the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) have check marks beside them. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In the General tab, ensure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click on Advanced.
- In the DNS tab, un-check the check box which reads Register this connection's address in DNS.
- In the WINS tab, ensure that the Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP check box is selected.
- Click OK to close all open windows.
Step 2 - Select the AirYork network and connect
- Click on the wireless network icon in the task bar located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select AirYork and click Connect.
Step 3 - Log in using your Passport York account username and password
Once authenticated, you should be connected to the Internet.
- Open up a browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. The browser should be redirected to the AirYork login page as shown below, otherwise type in any URL such as www.yorku.ca.
- Enter your Passport York username and password and click Log in.
How do I get help?
If you are experiencing problems after following the above steps, answers to some frequently asked questions and other helpful hints can be found on the AirYork Self Helppage:
AirYork Self Help
If you need further help you can contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5800.
Back to Main AirYork