Classroom and Event Recording
The Instructional Technology Centre (ITC) within University Information Technology (UIT), delivers and facilitates recording of classroom lectures, seminars or campus events, using audio and/or audio/video equipment.
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Academic researchers
- Users are limited to provision of one camera per session.
- UIT provides limited editing of recordings such as removing extraneous material from the beginning and/or ending.
- During peak periods, the service may not be available, thus users of the service are advised to book as early as possible.
- A streaming account is required to host content on the UIT streaming service.
- Event Recordings are usually special events with multiple microphones. Deliverable is a DVD or podcast file. Classroom recordings are usually audio and video captures of lectures and posted on the streaming server. Classroom recordings are available in a number of equipped rooms.
- Service is available Monday through Sunday. Requests outside normal business hours may be subject to additional charges
- Service is available at both Keele and Glendon campus.
- Find out about seating, built-in equipment and Network IP addresses of specific lecture halls by clicking here.