This service allows you to communicate in real time with two or more people at different locations, via video, using the facilities provided by Instructional Technology Centre of University Information Technology (UIT).
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Academic researchers
- Clients are encouraged to preserve their scheduled appointments for video conference sessions. Clients who miss two scheduled video conference sessions in one month will not be able to book another session for up to three months.
- Users can use the UIT studio videoconference facilities with assistance of videoconference operator, or a self serve method using Adobe Connect. (Using Adobe Connect, the requestor connects to the server from their desktop and provides connection information to other participants, who each connect from their desktops).
- Desktop Videoconference LCD screen is available for office use.
- Studio video conference facilities are available Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4:300pm at the York's Keele campus only. Overtime labour costs will be charged for video conferences outside normal business hours. Room booking information is provided below:
Studio How to book ITC Video
Stedman Studio (up to 50 people) CEO Stedman Meeting Room (up to eight people) CEO Stedman Lecture Hall D Registrar Other Video Conference Facilities
supported by ITC
Schulich W132 Lecture Hall Schulich YRT 519 Conference Room VPRI HNES 402 Faculty of Health
- Self-serve options are available when the relevant server is operating and can be accessed anywhere with an Internet connection.
- For use of UIT studio videoconferencing facilities, there is a flat rate of $25.00 for a videoconference plus other charges depending on the complexity of the conference and time of day. There is no charge for the self serve Adobe Connect service.