Research Computing Services
University Information Technology provides a whole host of services and facilities to support and advance the research initiatives of York faculty. These include:
- Consulting on research grant preparation.
- Developing research collaboration tools.
- Systems design, support and Project Management.
- High performance computing facilities and access to research oriented networks
- Procurement of hardware, software and related services.
- Academic researchers and graduate students
- High Performance Computing (HPC) - There are significant computer processing resources available for York researchers through the SHARCNET consortia. SHARCNET offers a HPC environment distributed among several universities in Ontario. Additional information is available on the SHARCNET web site at http://www.sharcnet.ca
- Systems Management Service - UIT can provide system administration service for various research systems and lab set-up. UIT has experience with Unix/Linux/MacOSX clusters and research lab setup. Additional information is available in the Server Management description of the catalogue.
- Server Hosting - UIT can host research servers in a highly secure and controlled environment. Additional information is available in the Server Hosting description of the catalogue.
- Collaboration Tools - UIT offers a wide variety of collaboration tools like videoconferencing, media streaming, Wikis/ Blogs and Content Management Systems.
- Pre and Post Grant Consultations - UIT provides assistance with grant proposal development specific to research computing.
- Researchers can seek information and consultations Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm. Please contact UIT Research Computing Services at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Charges vary based on type and extent of the research requirement. Quotes can be obtained by contacting UIT Research Computing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request this service, please email UIT Research Computing Support at email@example.com
How to get support
- Please contact UIT Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 55800 (416-736-5800)