University Information Technology (UIT) is well positioned to provide high-bandwidth connectivity for sharing large data files, performing high performance computing and operating, or monitoring, remote equipment using research networks such as ORION (Ontario) and CANARIE (Canada). Dedicated point-to-point networks (lightpaths) can be provisioned in collaboration with ORION and CANARIE that meets your network bandwidth and connectivity needs.
- York Faculty members and Graduate students.
- Academic researchers
- For dedicated lightpath applications to ORION and CANARIE, UIT can assist with the following:
- Complete the required application form
- Design the network architecture
- Provide "last mile" connectivity on campus using UIT cable infrastructure.
- Deploy the lightpath connection in conjunction with ORION and CANARIE
- Charges vary based on type and extent of fibre, installation and other services necessary to complete connectivity on campus. Quotes can be obtained by contacting UIT Research Computing at email@example.com.