The University Information Technology (UIT) Service Desk is the liaison between York University’s central IT services and its users. It is the initial point of contact point for reporting technical problems and seeking solutions, and making routine requests for services. The principal purpose of the Service Desk is to provide quick resolution of all inquiries related to IT services.
The Service Desk also keeps the York Community informed of all IT related developments, changes and events.
Service Desk services include:
- Receive service requests and inquiries from end users and record all necessary information on first contact.
- Record and monitor all IT incidents; determine their urgency and impact, and prioritize them accordingly.
- Escalate service incidents to appropriate technical service units.
- Inform the York Community of technical emergencies, service maintenance and service interruptions schedules.
- York faculty and instructors
- Academic researchers
- Administrative staff
- Visiting scholars and guests
- The Service Desk will support centrally supported services.
- The Service Desk will redirect non-centrally supported services as appropriate to local Departmental/Faculty Computing Support Groups.
- There are no charges associated with this service.
- By Email: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting the following website: http://computing.yorku.ca
- By phone 416-736-5800 (voicemail available outside of business hours).
- By visiting the Service Counter at William Small Centre – Computing Commons.
For a list of Service Desk services, support information and FAQ: http://computing.yorku.ca