Archive Storage Services
University Information Technology (UIT) provides an archive storage system that allows users to easily and conveniently archive and backup their valuable files and data. Also, as a security and safety issue, York staff are encouraged to store all work-related files and preferably archive them using Archiving Storage services. Even if one is running the most reliable software on top-on-the-line hardware, you may not be able to completely prevent a disaster from happening and resulting in data loss. Users can transfer files from their PC or MAC desktop to the archive system to protect in the event of accidental data loss or hardware failure.
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Academic researchers
- Support is available between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Access to users directory on the archive system is limited to the York data network.
- Users can restrict access to their directory by the York network address (IP) of their PC or MAC computer.
- Charges are based on the space users request and costs is $1 per GB/per year.
- Please contact UIT Client Services at email@example.com or by calling ext. 55800.
- To request this service please contact UIT Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling ext. 55800.
- When submitting a request, please include the name users would like their storage space to be called (archive.storage.yorku.ca/NameOfSpace).