Computer Renewal Program (CRP)
York University offers its faculty members a comprehensive suite of computers, desktops and notebooks, for the purpose of conducting routine computing activities and research. This service is commonly referred to as the Computer Renewal Program (CRP), and is offered by supported by IT Service unit within each Faculty and administered centrally by University Information Technology (UIT). The CRP program also provides faculty members the option to replace their computers every three years.
- All tenured, full-time faculty members
- All Contractually Limited Appointments (CLA’s)
- CRP computers are typically replaced every three years.
- The current CRP computer must be returned before receiving the replacement.
- CRP computers are not available for sale to faculty members or staff at the conclusion of three year period.
- CRP computers are limited to the models, with respective upgrade options, that are available on the Selections List as published by York University Procurement Office.
- Faculty members may opt for either a “standard” desktop or notebook computer model at no cost.
- Faculty members may upgrade their computers, from the “standard” model, as per the hardware options available on the CRP Selections List. Upgrade costs must be funded by faculty members’ PER, or Research accounts.
- CRP computers may be deployed either in the faculty members York offices or at their homes.
- A CRP desktop or notebook computer installed in a home office must be covered by the residence insurance policy.
- CRP computers must be ordered by faculty members through their respective Faculty IT Service unit.
- There no charges associated with this service and as per the Options provided above.