York University provides a series of computer labs for students to “drop-in” and access computing resources and a variety of software in support of learning, personal creativity and research activities at York. The drop-in computer labs are supported and managed by York’s University Information Technology (UIT) organization. In addition, individual Faculties provide “Teaching Labs” of varying seating capacities, for use in specific courses. Some of the Faculty Teaching Labs may also be used for "drop-in" purposes based on teaching schedules and availability.
UIT Computer Labs, also known as “Computing Commons”, are available for York University members and affiliates. The following is the availability of the Computer Labs: http://www.yorku.ca/computing/facultystaff/labs/commons.html
- Library Computers - The libraries also offer general access computers. Access to most computers in the libraries requires an FAS - File Access Service account.
- Visit the following link for details on the items below:
- List, locations and hours of service of Computer Labs
- Booking Breakout Rooms, adjoined to Computer Labs
- List of software available in Computer Labs
- Accessing your accounts from computers in Computer Labs
- Creating web page from computers in Computer Labs
- Printing in Computer Labs
- Using FAS - File Access Service related services
- Computer Labs policies
- See other computing support groups at http://computing.yorku.ca
- These computer labs are restricted to specific user groups, such as courses, faculties, departments, and Colleges. Please contact the appropriate professor, faculty/department/college staff, or lab coordinator for access and information.
Obtain information on faculty or unit specific information technology services.
- There are no charges are associated with this service
- How to get this service
- How to access this service
- Use WebFAS for remote access to your personal files and some software
- The Help Desk is available for support. Information and FAQs are available http://computing.yorku.ca.
- How to get support
- Online Help
- Best Practices
- For policies, click here