The Learning Technologies Services unit, within University Information Technology (UIT), supports a number of collaboration tools for use in enhancing learning and research in all contexts at York. In order to create a tool that you can use by consulting the self-support materials, click Web Publishing Services. If you would like assistance to use these tools effectively to enhance learning and augment research in your course or project, see the service Courseware Development WebCT/Moodle. The services offered are as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro (Collaboration and Web Conferencing)
- Blogging services
- Discussion Forums
- Wiki services
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Academic researchers
- Blogging, Discussion and Wiki services require a Central Web Service hosting account.
- Services are typically activated within 2 business days.
- There are no charges associated with this service.
- For Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro, complete the request form
- For Blogging Services, complete the request form
- For Discussion Forums, complete the request form
- For Wiki Services, complete the request form
How to get support
- Please contact UIT Client Services at email@example.com or by calling ext. 55800.
- For Blogging, Discussion and Wiki services, each have documentation built into the service, accessible from the front page.
- Demonstration sites: Blog, Discussion Forum, Wiki
- For Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro, please visit the Adobe Acrobat Pro Resource Centre. Additional documentation and resources are available through the "Getting Started" link in the service, available upon login.