Learning Management Systems (LMS) for Instructors
The Learning Technologies Services (LTS) unit of University Information Technology (UIT) is well equipped to assist and support users in the development, hosting and implementation of on-line courses. The tools used to facilitate on-line learning at York are two well known course management systems, Moodle and WebCT*. In addition, LTS can assist users in the creation of simple HTML web sites, on-line quiz, surveys, discussion forums, Wiki's, Blogs, streaming media and student portal.
* Please note, WebCT vendor has announced that it will cease support of York's WebCT service in the very near future. As a result, LTS urges users desirous of pursuing learning management systems, to use Moodle
- York faculty and instructors
- A number of scripting options and databases are available for most Web-related applications. Please visit the Central Web Scripting Page located at http://www.yorku.ca/computing/facultystaff/webpages/db_scripting.html for more details.
- Restricted access to Web directories can be configured to use Passport York for user authentication. For more information please click here.
- There are no charges for engagements that support degree-credit courses and research conducted by York faculty. Others will be quoted an hourly rate at the beginning of the engagement.
- Please contact UIT Learning Technologies Services at email@example.com or ext 30077
- Consultation can be performed in person in room 1050 of the TEL building, by e-mail or phone
- Response to inquiries within one business day.
How to get support
- If you want to report that a course technology is not functioning, please contact UIT Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 55800 (416-736-5800).
- If you desire to start an engagement or have a question about a past engagement, please contact email@example.com or ext 30077.
- Training on the selected technologies will be provided as part of an engagement.
- Workshops are offered throughout the year focusing on Moodle and other topics. Visit the workshop page.
- Each technology has it own online help section, which you can access from the front page of each service.