Quiz is a specialized web tool designed to streamline quiz creation, presentation and grading.
- Ideal for short quizzes and self-tests.
- Three question types supported: multiple choice, true/false and matching.
- Machine-grading for all questions.
- Randomization of questions.
- Randomly choose questions from a pool of questions.
- Give the sense of unique quizzes using the supported randomizing features.
- Section grouping of questions with optional section headers, descriptions and/or footers.
- Support for embedded HTML code and hyperlinks (links to web pages, displaying images, etc.)
- Utilizes a cascading style sheet (CSS) for maximum flexibility in font control and colour scheme.
- Tracking of user scores and data.
- Calculation of statistical results.
- Generation of class reports.
- Generation of raw class data for use in third-party software,
such as Microsoft Excel.
- Authentication of users via
.htaccess using Passport York ID.
- Date/time restriction.
- Course restriction.
- User attempts restriction.
- Statistical results and report access restriction.
- Customizable headers and/or footers.
- Comments/feedbacks for each question: a general comment and/or a feedback based on a correct/incorrect answer.
- Comments/feedbacks for the overall quiz: a general comment and/or a feedback based on score ranges.
- Show/hide marks, score, question correctness indicators, correct answer, and questions and quiz comments/feedbacks.
- Enable/disable tracking, user attempts, quiz date/time availability, statistical results access permissions, and course permissions.
- And more...
Creating a quiz
YQuiz Writer, the easy-to-use quiz creation component of YQuiz, should be used to create online quizzes.
Technical support is available from the UIT Learning Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report technical problems to the UIT Service Desk at email@example.com.
YQuiz Help Index
- Configuring the Stats Access File
- - Restricting users to one or
more specific courses