Wired Network Connectivity (LAN Drop)
York's University Information Technology (UIT) Network Services provides high speed network to users at the Keele, Glendon, and York Residences, via networked data drops. In addition, network services are also provided for students living in residences and its corresponding details can be viewed under the description ResNet (internet) Service.
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Academic researchers
- Designated guests
- Secure Sockets Layer Virtual Private Network (SSLVPN) - Additional security encryption for your Internet connection when when connecting to York from off campus.
- YorkNet - York campus network and Internet access in classrooms, libraries, and campus residences.
- Domain Name Service (DNS) - The DNS servers are used by Internet applications to convert host names to network IP addresses.
- Access to the York network is available 24 X 7, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Check the UIT home page for announcements regarding service interruptions.
- A one-time installation fee of $275 per LAN drop
- If the location is not pre-wired with network connectivity, an additional charge may apply for cable installation.
- All requests for LAN drops must be submitted to your local IT Support Group.
- If you do not have an IT Support Group, you may submit a request by clicking here.
How to get support
- Please contact UIT Telecom Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 55800 (416-736-5800) .