Web Publishing Services
The University Information Technology (UIT) organization offers a wide range of Web Publishing services that are feature-rich and operated on a centrally managed system that is highly reliable and offers a high degree of data security and protection to user information. The service also provides consultation if required by the user. The services offered are as follows
- Web hosting
- Blogging services
- Streaming media services
- Wiki services
- York faculty and instructors
- Academic researchers
- A number of scripting options and databases are available for most Web-related applications. Please visit the Central Web Scripting Page for more details.
- Restricted access to Web directories can be configured to use Passport York for user authentication. Visit the Setup and Use .htaccess to Restrict Access to your Web Directories page for details.
- File Transfer - Ways to transfer files over the Internet, including FTP, web authoring tools, and email attachments.
- Web Publishing Services are typically activated within 2 business days and depend on operating hours. If the service is not activated within scheduled delivery, please contact UIT Client Services email@example.com
- There are no charges are associated with this service
- Individual faculty members need to activate Central Web Service hosting accounts via Manage My Services
- Academic / teaching units, administrative units, student clubs and York Univ. affiliated organizations need to submit request to UIT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publishing Web Pages
For Blogging service:
- Complete the registration form located at http://www.blog.yorku.ca
For Streaming media services and Wiki services:
- Contact or submit a request to UIT Client Services at email@example.com or ext 55800 (416-736-5800)
How to get support
- Please contact UIT Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 55800 (416-736-5800)