The University Information Technology (UIT) Help Desk is the liaison
between York University's central IT services and its users. It is the
initial point of contact point for reporting technical problems,
seeking solutions, and making routine requests for services. The
principal purpose of the Help Desk is to provide quick resolution to
inquiries related to IT services.
The Help Desk also keeps the York Community informed of all IT related developments, changes and events.
Help Desk services include:
- Receive service requests and inquiries from end users and record all necessary information on first contact.
- Record and monitor all IT incidents; determine their urgency and impact, and prioritize them accordingly.
- Escalate service incidents to appropriate technical service units.
- Inform the York Community of technical emergencies, service maintenance and service interruptions schedules.
Who can use this service
- York faculty and instructors
- Administrative staff
- Visiting scholars and guests
- The Help Desk supports all centrally supported services provided by UIT.
- If necessary, Help Desk may redirect non-centrally supported
services, as appropriate, to local Departmental / Faculty IT service
- There are no charges associated with Help Desk services.