When you create an installation, you need to set it up so that if the computer crashes, whoever is around can just restart the computer to get your work going again.
If you are using Director:
- Put your Director Projector in the folder called: Startup Items in the System Folder
- Use a startMovie script to initialize previously stored data in you movie.
If your installation is oriented towards remembering some part of the user's interaction with you work, what kinds of things can you get your installation to remember relatively easily? (Remembering is a requirement for FACS 3930's Assignment #2
- single words or numbers typed in
- the positions of cast members on the stage
- a sequence of mouse clicks on objects
If you are getting your installation to remember things, you will probably have two modes that you installation can be in. This is not necessarily the case but this is not a bad way to think about it.
- using the installation
- adding to the installation
Saving User Actions
Valid for Fall/Winter 2003-2004
The material contained in this site is copyright and owned exclusively by Don Sinclair and members of the FACS teaching team.
Last modified on 14-Nov-03 at 9:28 AM.