The Pension Investment Management office assists the Pension Fund
fiduciaries in carrying out their duties with respect to the
administration and oversight of the York University Pension Fund and works
with external agents to manage and co-ordinate all functions relating to
the York University Pension Fund. The Fund currently has assets of over
$2.2 billion, managed by professional investment advisors. Major
responsibilities of this office include:
- Ensuring the fund is managed in a prudent manner and according to accepted pension governance standards;
- Monitoring the activities of external agents involved in the management of the pension assets including the custodian, investment managers, actuary, and other consultants;
- Monitoring and reporting the performance of the pension fund and its investment managers;
- Ensuring the pension fund is in compliance with all regulatory requirements;
- Researching new investment ideas;
- Making recommendations regarding the investment policies and investment program;
- Serving as Secretary to the Pension Fund Board of Trustees, and the Subcommittee on Investment Performance (SCIP);
- Providing communications to the plan members regarding fund performance and relevant pension investment issues.
Terms of Reference
Membership of Board of Trustees
Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures
Statement of Investment Principles
Sustainable Investing and ESG Factor Integration
||PDF files require Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher.
||PPT files require Microsoft Powerpoint.