The mandate of Treasury is to safeguard and grow the assets of the university with specific focus on long-term investments (endowments) and short-term investments (working capital). Our major responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and best practices for the university's cash management and investments.
- Maximize investment potential of university assets.
- Co-ordinate reporting and advising of all trust and endowment activity.
- Create efficiencies in cash management - deposits, transfers of funds and point of sale transactions.
- Manage and control all banking, card processing (Moneris, VISA,
MasterCard, AMEX and Debit) and related financial arrangements.
- Effectively manage university corporate support programs - University Travel Card (AMEX) and Housing Loan Guarantee programs.
TREASURY – A CLOSER LOOK
Treasury assists the York community by promoting, setting up and facilitating card processing payments – debit, credit and eCommerce.
All acceptance of credit card payments must be:
- authorized by York Treasury
- compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- set up through the university’s card processing provider Moneris Solutions
Information on card processing:
Please contact York University's Treasury department for merchant fee information.
Controls and Compliance