The mandate of Treasury is to safeguard and grow the assets of the university including the endowments and working capital. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and best practices for the university's investments.
- Maximize investment potential of university assets.
- Co-ordinate reporting and advising of all trust and endowment activity.
- Create efficiencies in cash management - deposits, transfers of funds and point of sale transactions.
- Manage and control all banking, card processing (Moneris, VISA,
MasterCard, AMEX and Debit) and related financial arrangements.
- Administers Housing Loan Guarantee program.
Treasury assists the York community by promoting, setting up and facilitating card processing payments – debit, credit and eCommerce.
All acceptance of credit card payments must be:
- authorized by York Treasury
- compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- set up through the university’s card processing provider Moneris Solutions
For information on accepting credit and debit card payments, please contact the Treasury Office.