- Based on an authorized external research award notice received from the Office of Research Services, Research Accounting reviews the requirements, sets up an external research cost centre (Fund 500), sets up associated budgets based on the terms of the award agreement and notifies the Researcher via an email notification of his/her cost centre and provides eReports access to the cost centre
- Based on an authorization received from Internal Departments at York, Research Accounting reviews the requirements, sets up an internal research cost centre (Fund 400), sets up associated budgets based on the terms of the award agreement and notifies the Researcher via an email notification of his/her cost centre and provides eReports access to the cost centre
- Research Accounting assists in the monitoring of research grant expenditures checking for eligibility in accordance with University and agency guidelines
- Research Accounting communicates to the Researchers the financial status of their grants and contracts, outstanding advances, overspends, approaching end dates and payroll contracts expiring beyond the end date
- Research Accounting provides advice and training assistance on granting agency regulations, university policies and procedures, and the University’s financial reporting system i.e. eReports
- Research Accounting manages institutional sub agreements with other Collaborative Institutions
- Research Accounting distributes overheads to Faculties and Centres as per York’s guidelines
- Research Accounting allocates Release time Stipends to Faculties and Centres
For a complete list of Research Accounting Staff and Faculty
Administrators click here.
On-line Tutorial - Research Accounting
Relevant research related external links and information
(list last updated April 2009)
Federal research agencies:
Provincial research agencies:
International/Foreign research agencies:
||PDF files require Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher.
||DOC files require Microsoft Word 2003 or higher.