The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Masters of Fitness Science Non-Thesis (MFSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following areas of specialization:
- Ontario moves to create the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (CKO).
- Dr. Lauren Sergio Dr. Lauren Sergio & Josh Granek (PhD candidate) talk video games and brains at Ontario Science Centre
- Myles Gibbon, 1st year MSc, has been invited to 2013 Canadian Football League Combine.
- Physical activiity helps improve Alzheimer patients, report Drs. Chris Ardern and Michael Rotondi.
- Dr. Lauren Sergio has been appointed the Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) delegate for York University.
- Dr. Jennifer Kuk's study finds 'Obese people can improve health without weight loss'.
- Research led by Dr. Tara Haas finds that chronic high-levels of stress hormone could lead to heart problems.
- Dara Slopack, (MSc candidate), received a pre-doctoral travel to attend the 2012 American Physiology Society Integrative Biology of Exercise. Dara presented a poster at the conference, and received her award at the closing banquet.
- Corinne Babiolakis, 1st year MSc, is the recipient of the 2012-13 Ecole Polytechnique Montreal Women's Memorial Scholarship