Office of the Dean
The Office of the Dean provides essential support and facilitation to students, staff and faculty in graduate programs at York, to promote and enhance the quality of graduate education and foster excellence in teaching and research.
Our Student Affairs area assists with:
- Registration and enrolment,
- Thesis and dissertation processes,
- Research ethics approvals,
- Petitions and appeals, and
Our Awards area:
- Coordinates and/or administers graduate awards, bursaries and scholarships,
- Assists programs in coordinating student funding, and
- Administers funds to assist graduate students with research and conferences.
Our Communications area:
- Manages the Graduate Studies website,
- Publishes Graduate Studies news and events & deadlines, and
- Facilitates and supports recruitment activities.
If you are considering York Graduate Studies, please visit Graduate Admissions for more information.
If you are a current student, please contact your program office first for most needs. To contact the Office of the Dean, visit our contact page for assistance in identifying the appropriate person or area.
If you are a faculty or staff member looking for
- Communications assistance, please visit the Communications section, or
- FGS forms, funds or processes, please visit the program administration section, or
- For general assistance or information from our office, please visit our Atlas page for a full staff listing.