Whether you love research and want to explore that burning question that piqued your curiosity in your undergraduate work, or are looking for that competitive edge to set you apart in your career quest, York University has options you want to explore.
York University’s Faculty of Graduate Studies offers 50+ full- and part-time graduate degree programs and specialized graduate diploma programs encompassing the pure and applied sciences, business, health, law, fine arts, humanities and social sciences.
Delve into research to create, cure or explore in science, mathematics and sociology. Or dig into a practice-based program in fine arts, environmental studies, law, education, business or social work. Interdisciplinary options and specialized diplomas allow you to chart your own path.
Students can pursue joint and combined programs within York University as well as through partnerships with other institutions. The Schulich School of Business and the Graduate Program in Visual Arts offer a three-year combined program leading to both a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Arts or Master of Fine Arts. Environmental Studies and Osgoode Hall Law School have partnered to allow students to complete programs in environmental studies and law. Osgoode Hall Law School students can also pursue a combined JD/MBA or JD/MA. As well, the Kellogg–Schulich EMBA combines the strengths of Kellogg’s top-ranked Executive MBA program with Schulich’s own top-ranked global, innovative and diverse MBA programs.
- York is home to Canada’s largest Psychology program, members of which join colleagues from the Faculty of Science & Engineering at the Centre for Vision Research, a world leader in interdisciplinary research into human and machine vision.
- Our rich traditions of internationally renowned scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities give students the chance to work with leading researchers in such disciplines as History, Political Science and Sociology, and take advantage of such unique interdisciplinary programs as Social & Political Thought, Women’s Studies and Communication & Culture.
- State-of-the-art facilities such as the Geospatial Information & Communication Technology Lab provide students with valuable opportunities to participate in ground-breaking scientific research.
- At York, you can combine your graduate degree in Mathematics with graduate diplomas in Financial Engineering or Mathematics Education.
- Fine Arts offers innovative programs and professional training in Art History, Cinema & Media Studies, Dance, Design, Film, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts. We are equipped with outstanding performance and presentation facilities that include the Tribute Communities Recital Hall, an intimate concert venue with an integrated recording studio, and the Sandra Faire & Ivan Fecan proscenium theatre.
- The Master’s program in Public & International Affairs is now also offering a dual-degree program with the University of Strasbourg in France.
- For those looking to advance their careers through a professional program, the Schulich School of Business and the Osgoode Hall Law School offer programs that are ranked among the best in Canada.
- York also offers professional programs in Nursing, Social Work, Human Resources Management and Disaster & Emergency Management.
- York continues to build on its strength in policy analysis — LLM, Master in Public Administration, Master in Environmental Studies — with new programs in Public Policy, Administration & Law and Public & International Affairs, and a field in Health Policy & Equity in the Health program.
This page is under development as part of our website modernization project