At the completion of the program you will
be able to:
- Compare and contrast traditional and complexity informed approaches to leadership and management, appreciate the applicability for each model, and use them to design and lead improvement activities
- Describe and analyze clinical accountability mechanisms and apply them in clinical management situations (e.g. staffing, patient assignments and staff evaluations)
- Create effective interdisciplinary partnerships that enhance clinical outcomes
- Analyze and determine corporate strategy to achieve corporate, departmental and individual level goals
- Apply the certificate program to personal career goals and directions
Who would benefit from this program?
- Health Care leaders, directors, managers and providers in Public Health, Acute Care, Social Services, Non-Profits, Family health Teams, CCAC's, Front-Line Service organizations
- Clinical managers
- Professional practice leaders
- Other Health Care providers
Clinical Leadership for today and tomorrow
Currently, optimal health is increasingly challenged by a multitude of factors that include a rise in chronic disease; gaps between the best care and usual care; an aging population; a scarcity of health human resources; and skill-sets in integrated team approaches and management, all within the context of a strained health care system.
The Certificate in Clinical Leadership - the first certificate of its kind. This is a 5-day, highly collaborative program that will broaden and accelerate multidisciplinary management and leadership competencies.