THe Inter-Professional Educator Certificate Course
The only one of its kind in Canada! Offered exclusively by the Health Leadership and Learning Network, York University.
Why attend this program?
The Inter professional Educator Certificate course will help you become a critical player in assuring quality educational experiences that prepare and educate the interprofessional workforce for a diverse, ever-changing health care environment:
- Be a leader who guides students through the learning process
- Play a pivotal role in strengthening the health care workforce in your organization
- Serve as a role model and provide pivotal mentorship to implement evidence-based practice
- Refresh your skills with the latest evidence-based knowledge
- Advance your career and acquire new skills and competencies to take on the role of an Educator/mentor/preceptor/clinical course director
This program will cover designing, implementing, evaluating and revising academic and continuing education programs for health care professionals/allied health professionals
Who should enrol for this program?
- Educators within a health care environment - from all health professions (doctors, pharmacists, occupational therapists, psychologist, physical therapist, laboratory technician, social workers, etc)
- Mentor/preceptor/clinical course directors in hospitals, long term care, front line community service providers, home care agencies, and other service providers
- If you are new to the role, or upgrading skills/refreshing skills
- Health and Allied Health professionals looking to take on a new role in their career plan
What will you learn?
- Acquire a solid repertoire of teaching methods
- Acquire a reliable and proven repertoire of methods for evaluation
- Learn skills and competencies to teach effectively - test these skills and competencies
- Learn skills and competencies to create learning environments that support success
- Remain part of a network of Educators
Module 1: Introduction to teaching and learning
Module 2: Teaching
Module 3: Curriculum development with Assessment and Evaluation; Teaching strategies
Module 4: Evidence informed nursing education
Pat Bradley, PhD, MScN, MEd
Pat Bradley is an assistant professor in the School of Nursing at York University. She has a certificate in nursing education from the National League for Nursing in the United States, and has held a variety of leadership and academic positions in Canada and the U.S., including director of education, practice, and research at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, California. Her program of research focuses on internationally educated nurses, competency assessment, and innovative curriculum design and delivery. Dr. Bradley is an expert in “Civility in the Clinical Workplace” and her peer-reviewed research in this area has been presented nationally and internationally – her research and teaching in this area has focused on creating collaborative and respectful practice and learning environments.
Dr. Bradley has won numerous teaching awards including the Teaching Innovation Award from the Council of Ontario Universities Programs in Nursing (COUPN) in 2011 http://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2011/05/06/nursing-professors-win-provincial-teaching-awards/"
Let us help you with affordability - Payment plans are available for this course - contact us at 416 736 2100 ext 22170 or email@example.com
A On-Campus Program
8-day (4 module) program
Module 1 - November
20 & 21, 2014
Module 2 - December
11& 12, 2014
Module 3 - January
22 & 23, 2015
Module 4 - February
19 & 20, 2015
Location: York University Keele Campus, Toronto, ON
$1700.00 plus 13% hst tax for a Total of $1,921.00 for each individual.
Let us help you with affordability - Payment plans are available for this course
Submit your registration form by
Fax: (416) 736 5078
Health Leadership & Learning Network
Room 019 HNES Building
York University, 4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Schulich Executive Residence on Campus:
• The Executive Learning Centre features:
• 60 executive style guest rooms on 12 floors each with a queen size bed
• Complimentary high speed internet access
• In room coffee/tea maker
• Wheelchair accessible
Call Reservations (416)-650-8300
book on-line: www.elc.schulich.yorku.ca
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org