An introduction to the Foundations of Geriatric Care:
Introductory Level Focusing on the Assessment and Treatment of Older Adults in Care Settings
Why attend this Workshop?
This workshop is an introduction to basic knowledge around caring for older adults in Long-Term Care, Home-Care, or Acute Care settings
Developed by experts in Geriatric Care, this evidence informed workshop aims to provide care providers with basic knowledge to support the needs of elderly clients and improve outcomes
- For individual care providers NEW to working with older adults - enhance your knowledge of geriatrics and the acquire the basic skills needed by health care providers new to Geriatric Care. For experienced providers, refresh your basic knowledge with the latest evidence based information
- For Organizations - Introduce NEW care providers to the evidence informed basics of providing care to older adults; refresh basic knowledge for experienced providers
What will you learn?
- Introduction to Geriatric Care
- Mental Health – Introduction to Dementia and Depression in Elderly
- Safety Issues Related to Dementia and Behaviour
- Chronic Disease Management
- Wound Prevention and Management
- Chronic Wound Management
- Leg and Heel Wound Assessment and Management
- Prevention of Incontinence Dermatitis
- Palliative Care
Who would benefit from this Workshop?
Health Care providers NEW to the area of Geriatric Care in the following roles:
- RN's, RPN's, PSW's
- Community health coordinators
- Recent graduates from nursing programs wishing to work in Geriatrics/Elder Care
Ontario Nurses taking this program may be eligible to receive reimbursement of up to $1500 from the Education Initiative offered through the RNAO. You do NOT have to be an RNAO member to apply for the funding. Please visit the RNAO website, Education Funding, for more details www.rnao.org
Program Session Date
October 23 & 24, 2014
2-day program 9:00am - 4:30pm
Location: York University, Keele Campus
Price: $ 425.00 plus 13% HST for each individual.
Fee includes the workshop, snacks and refreshments.
Group Rates: contact us for more information.
- Complete the Registration form
- Fax to (416) 736-5078 or
- Email: email@example.com or
- Mail registration form to:
Health Leadership & Learning Network Room 019 HNES Building
York University,4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Our Contact info:
Phone: 416 736 2100 ext 22170
Schlich Executive Residence
The Executive Learning Centre
Call 416-650-8300 for more information and reservations, or book online: