The Osgoode Certificate in Mental Health Law
One of the many challenges in dealing with mental health law issues is understanding the relevant law and how to apply it in any given situation. Often decisions must be made quickly, with inadequate information or consultation. Failure to adequately assess risk, to properly address the rights of individuals and their families, or to provide proper patient care, can compromise essential rights of an individual and his or her family and land you and your organization in investigation, inquiries and even litigation.
This practice-based program, now in its sixth year, was developed to give you the
knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and confidently handle
mental health law issues. Over five intensive one-day modules you will learn
what you need to know and best practices from some of the most knowledgeable
and experienced experts in Canada. You will come away from this program with
knowledge, tools, strategies and tactics that you can use immediately to deal with
mental health law issues.
- Gain a clear understanding of the core principles of mental health law
- Learn strategies for handling mental health law issues
- Receive comprehensive learning materials that will be a useful
- Connect with a group of experts and peers who share your challenges
Who should attend?
- Psychiatrists, physicians, nurses and other licensed
- Representatives from hospitals, psychiatric facilities, long-term
care homes and community care agencies
- Health and social service professionals
- Law enforcement officers
- Corrections and rehabilitation service representatives
- Crown lawyers
- Mental health patient advocates
- Health law practitioners
- Health care risk managers
- Government and public policy advisors
TO REGISTER please call 416-736-2100 x22170 or email me at HLLN@yorku.ca
Dates for 2014:
Fee per Delegate
$3,195 plus 13% HST for a total of $3,610.35.
Fees include attendance, program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments for each of the 5 days of the program. Please inquire about group discounts and financial assistance. Dress is business casual.
Location: Osgoode Professional Development Centre 1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor Toronto, ON