The Project Management Course for healthcare AND SOCIAL SERVICES
Addressing the PM needs of Health Care, Social Services, Public Health and Health Non-Profits
Study practical and effective management techniques for the successful execution of any project
Learn project management skills within a purely health focused, people centered context
Benefit from joining a class that is 100% health driven –an inter-professional, determinants of health focused class
Why attend this Course?
Broadly, organizations, agencies, governments involved in health and its determinants have seen an explosion of demand for services or growth over the last few decades. As a result, addressing health issues and/or health care has become one of the fastest growing industries. The sector has found itself managing this steady and unrelenting growth, and taking on more and more projects.
Project Management is increasingly seen as a tool to support successful delivery of organizational strategy and meet stakeholder commitments. Health driven projects can be challenging and in many cases non-linear and complex – You may be working with regulatory requirements, limited resources, smaller budgets with many internal and external accountabilities, numerous stakeholders, high risk, a complex planning process, plus blending administrative/management, technical and clinical staff who bring different perspectives and agendas to the project.
The 3-day Project Management Course for Health Care teaches you how to plan, execute, and deliver on Health Care projects on time and on budget.
The Project Management Course for Health Care will examine the most current trends in the field of project management, and teach you to apply these project techniques to your everyday management challenges.
Register for both the Project Management course and Using Microsoft Office workshop and SAVE $500 on your tuition.
This program is delivered with a focus on uncovering and examining the context of project management for health driven projects. Our participants have told us that these are just a few issues they face:
- Smaller project budgets, budget cuts and restrictions on sustainability
- Large group of stakeholders – organization, community, government, funders, clients/patients
- Negotiating the resources; Training staff; Limited ability to increase project
resources and staffing
- Reporting and accountability requirements
- Non-continuous funding
- Complex, nonlinear critical paths with multiple involvements
- Dispersed team members; no direct reports
- Scope creep and projects squeezed out of control
- Understanding and managing your risks and risk-tolerance
- High incidence of turnover and change; Resistance to change
- Communication pathways/ organizational culture
- Working with partners, jurisdictions, regulatory bodies; Managing tension in public/private partnerships
Overall – managing the uncertainty of these many issues…and more!
Who Should Attend
Today's Health Care environment demands that managers have formal project management training. This course plus workshop is vital for:
- Health and Social Services Professionals involved in or leading projects
- Community driven project managers
- Public Health project leads
- Executive Directors
- Those undertaking unique projects
- Organization department heads
- Senior executives with business planning responsibilities
- Systems and operational leads and personnel
What You Will Learn
Work through such project issues and considerations as: ministry accountabilities, regulatory accountabilities, scope of practice needs and/or determinations, small budgets, short timelines, resource issues (human and otherwise), mixed inter-professional project teams plus competing and limited resources, best practice requirements, risks management, patient safety and quality, balanced scorecard and metrics, professional practice, unions/collective agreements, governance, ministry funding/other funding and its accountabilities….and more!
- Learn essential PM terminology that will help enable you to communicate effectively with your peers
- The phases of the project cycle
- How to maintain control of time, scope, quality and costs
- Understanding key stakeholder roles and responsibilities
- Effective ways to monitor and control your projects
- How to establish and use the proper communication channels
- Develop early warning systems by tracking and measuring progress
- How to closeout your project, gather lessons learned and implement best practices on future projects
Using Microsoft Project ® Workshop
What You Will Learn:
1. How to set-up a project on your system
2. How to follow Microsoft Project menus and toolbars
3. Establishing project schedules and work breakdown structures
4. How to update your projects, tasks and allocate resources
5. How to track project progress on your computer and measure project results
6. How to consolidate multiple projects
7. How to close out your projects using Microsoft Project
ENROLL TODAY TO EARN YOUR CERTIFICATE
Contact 416-736-2100 x22170 for more information regarding this program
Tailor a Program for Your Organization
This program can be tailored to meet the needs of your organization and delivered on-demand and in-house. Savings can be significant. Contact us for more information.
Nurses taking the Project Management in Health Care may be eligible to receive reimbursement of up to $1500 from the Education Initiative offered through the RNAO. You do NOT have to be an RNAO member to apply for the funding. Please visit the RNAO website, Education Funding, for more details www.rnao.org
Allied Health professionals taking the Project Management in Health Care may be eligible to receive reimbursement of up to $1500 from the Allied Health Professional Development Fund offered through HealthForce Ontario. Please visit the HealthForce Ontario website for more more details http://www.ahpdf.ca/
We are pleased to offer our Faculty of Health alumni a 10% discount! Contact us for more information
Click Here for more information about Why you should be taking "Project Management for Health Care"
CLICK HERE to build your case to your superior to attend this course
April 7 - 8 - 9th, 2014
3-day Seminar only:
$2595.00 + applicable taxes
Location: Schulich Building, York University Campus
Please Contact The Registration Team at the Schulich Executive Education Centre to answer any questions about registration.
Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 416-736-5079 or 1-800-667-9380 and ask for Registration.
Special Team Savings: Save $150 each when two or more team members from the same organization register for this program at the same time.
Please call: Tania Xerri from Health Leadership and Learning Network at 416-736-2100 x22142 for more information about the program or to inquire about group rates.
Schlich Executive Residence:
Call 416-650-8300 for more information and reservations, or book online:
www.elc.schulich.yorku.ca E-mail: email@example.com
Receive up to 35 PDUs towards your PMI Continuing Certification Requirements