Back to Submissions
Guidelines and Procedures for submitting Article Manuscripts
(printer friendly available)
InTensions welcomes inter-disciplinary manuscripts from scholars/artists. All article manuscripts will go through a double-blind peer-reviewed process. We do not accept simultaneous submissions or previously published materials.
The following guidelines for authors apply:
- 1. The manuscripts should not exceed 4500 words including notes and references
- 2. Manuscripts should include an abstract of approximately 120 words
- 3. In a separate document, a cover page should be submitted which includes: article title, full name of author(s), affiliation, mailing and email address, telephone & fax numbers.
- 4. Documents should be submitted in Microsoft World only
- 5. Images, which are highly encouraged, should be in jpeg or tiff format. These can be embedded in the main document or attached as separate documents with indications of where these would be placed within the article. The author will assume responsibility for the authorized use of any images included.
- 6. The body of the paper must be for a standard 8.5”x11” page size, use a 12 pt font, and include 1” margins, page numbers.
- 7. Endnotes rather than footnotes are requested.
- 8. The article should be double-spaced. Captions, quotes, and references should be single spaced.
- 9. The accuracy and completeness of the references is the responsibility of the author.
- 10. Remove all references that might reveal the identity of the author.
- 11. For all additional guidelines, the style used should comply with a recent edition (post-2003) of The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: Modern Language Association of America.
Please submit your materials online, Sign up now!
Alternative form of submission:
Dr. Alberto Guevara & Elysée Nouvet
Fine Arts Cultural Studies
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(Include Intensions in the subject line)
- 1. All materials submitted will be acknowledged upon receipt
- 2. Referee comments along with the editorial decision will be communicated to the author within approximately three months
- 3. No article will be published until InTensions receives a signed publication agreement. This will be discussed with the author(s) upon final acceptance of papers for publication
Call for Papers/Art